View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #784
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I finished season 4 of Arrow and it's definitely the worst yet as all the bad things Arrow is known for are featured here and there was nothing too compelling in the season.

Why is everyone a vigilante now? I love an "expanded" cast of heroes and i"m mad we never see enough of the bat family but here it's gotten ridiculous and with people that made no sense because of the way they were set up like Laurel Lance. And season arcs have also ruined the show, I love story arcs as much as the next guy but when the whole season is one long story arc it can feel "padded" or too long, strong idividual episodes make a season great if not it's a stretched out story over the season.

Why does everyone die and then not die and comeback to life? Deaths have become cheaper than in the Comics and it's only been four seasons. They even bring back to life people they shouldn't. Has everyone dated or f-cked everyone? Jeeze, relationships are even more ridiculous than they are in Degrassi. These things have ruined the show.

Arrow S1 was my favorite superhero anything since every episode felt like a batman movie and we got 22 of them with a cool story arc. Season 2 dealt too much with Slade but it was still fine. S3 which is not a fan favorite was alright, the story arc worked fine and I didn't find it much worse than S2. But this just took the worst aspects of everything. Hell I feel that Brother Blood was wasted in S3 when he would've fit better in S4 with the Hive, Damien Darkh felt like a cheap Brother Blood until two thirds into the season when I began to like him a bit more.

And the flashbacks have gotten worse each season as well, and I wonder if we actually watched all the flashbacks before Season 1 where they take place in continuity would the Season 1 even make sense? I'm guessing it wouldn't since so many things have happened that S1 Ollie seemed "new" about he's already had experience in, like meta humans and magic while Season 1 was very Batman Begins.

I still found a few things that I liked about the season but this was one of my favorite shows ever nad now it's barely important. Poor diggle, why did he become a vigilante? He was one of my favorite characters but now he just annoys me. Same with Felicity, but I didn't like her much in S1 either, but she's defintiely gotten worse. Here's hoping Season 5 is better which I think it's supposed to be.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote