View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 10:45 PM   #95
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Before I comment, I must say this....Arnold and his classmates are so brave! I'm not a superstitious person, but I would make an exception for Eugene. I would NEVER step foot on a plane if Eugene was one of the passengers.
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
And here's' the first trailer

Spoiler:
Presumbly, the bit where Helga confesses to Arnold, the howl of anguish, and then throwing the locket into the sea all happen chronologically after the other. Arnold probably rejects Helga here, but there is hope later on with the trailer when we hear Arnold say "I didn't want to hurt you", maybe indicating he didn't want to tell Helga how he truly felt.

Though Gerald's really surprised Helga's helping Arnold? When she helped them in the last movie?
I don't think we really need a spoiler for this trailer, but anyway,
Spoiler:
it wouldn't surprise me if it was a temporary rejection or either a misunderstood one. He probably doesn't have time to worry or think about something like that when his parents are the focus. There has to be some kind of conflict between them two for this film. Maybe Helga was going to confess again in the "heat of the moment" since everything regarding FTi at that point still hasn't been discussed? Maybe they were all about to be attacked or something and it just came out.

As for the thing you said about Gerald...there's that strong possibility that Arnold never brought up that Helga was Deep Voice from the other film and that she did help them. Maybe Gerald never fully questioned it. That aside, it is still surprising why or how anyone could think that Helga hates Arnold at this point. If Helga was as bad as she acts like she is, no one would be friends with her nor would she get invited to things, like Rhonda's parties and I would expect her to be shunned by her entire class for group events, like their baseball games. It also makes me wonder if she's actually ever hit or beat up any of them aside from Harold or Brainy. I'm just thinking of episodes like Helga vs Patty. Arnold went to bat for her. He even suggested to Helga to avoid being beaten up she should try to be a friend to Patty. Helga reminded Arnold that Patty hated her and Arnold was like, "She just doesn't know you". Jeez, sounds like some kind of friendship to me for him to even say something like that, or either he views her as one on some level. As Arnold's best friend, seems Gerald would notice something like that. If the one being bullied doesn't fully believe (or act like) that the bully hates him, seems the best friend should get a clue too.

There were eps where she's helped out Arnold before, like the float episode. She got the money so that their class could build Arnold's design, which he was grateful for. Even at the end, she pretty much got her father to credit Arnold. This was all openly done. So yeah, that's why at this point, I don't see how anyone could believe that Helga legit hates Arnold or has trouble helping him if needed. Arnold knows she puts up a mean front, which is what he told Patty and why she probably did so that she wouldn't beat up Helga and Phoebe knows this too as she's her best friend. If Helga truly hated him (or any of them for that matter), why would she voluntarily hang around them or why would they voluntarily hang around her?

Okay, that aside, I liked this trailer okay. It does have me curious...like Helga ripping up her picture and tossing the locket, the part with Miles and Stella's painting on the wall and stuff. I also can't help but wonder why Eduardo's picture was ripped. I hope he doesn't turn out to be La Sombra and that he was always plotting against them. Oh, I am also dying to know what conflict there will be between Arnold and Gerald. Gerald seemed upset during that one part over something Arnold didn't share with him.

Personally, I like the second trailer more and I guess it's because it's more character driven. Loved Phil giving Arnold that jungle advice. lol I can't help but wonder what in the world bit Eugene for him to swell up so much and poor Rhonda. That humidity did a number on her hair. I can relate. I feel her pain. lol

I wonder when the third trailer will be coming out.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote