View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 05:37 PM   #5607
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
Spiderman (though he was my favorite part of the movie) had no reason to be there.

and how did Zemos know that Iron man was going to show up at all?

my biggest gripe with the movie was Scarlet Witch sending the guy with the bomb off right next to a building full of people.
there was TONS of open space around them that she could have sent him to! but NO! right along the building.
even AS she was doing it i could tell what was going to happen. i say that coming a mile away. but they just did it to service their plot.

i'm not saying "this is better cuz that sux", NO! i'm only pointing out that movies like Civil War and anything Avenger related seems to get more credit than it deserves.
Spidey was there because Tony wanted some sort of edge. That edge was the unpredictability of the new kid.

Iron Man would show up where?

Wanda clearly had virtually no control of her powers then. I think she meant to contain the blast but instead augmented it. And she lifted him up to get him away from Cap and bystanders; there was not any open space from what I recall (except for up!).

And Civil War deserves all the credit it gets in my opinion. But I agree, the Avengers movies were pretty stupid, and I don't get the huge praise the first one gets.