View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #73
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The iconic locations all having different background music contributes to the great dynamic.
This cartoon had one of the best soundtracks in any show, up there with Gargoyles and the DCAU.

It was also exciting to see the Turtles enter the Technodrome, as it was usually the highlight of that episode (Muckman Messes Up, Super Irma, etc).

I liked the Turtle-centric eps as well (Take Me to your Leader, Raphael Meets his Match, Michaelango's Birthday, etc), as they gave each turtle more focus.

I liked Big Louie, Mona Lisa and Shreeka, even though the latter two only appeared in one ep each. Big Louie was my favourite of all the gangsters the Turtles faced, as he sounded more menacing than the others. Mona Lisa was a strong and likable female character. Shreeka had an interesting backstory.

I also liked that the Rat King was somewhat morally ambigious in this cartoon, as it made him a more interesting character than his other incarnations. Liked the dynamic he had with Leatherhead as well.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote