View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 11:30 PM   #1433
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Bookwise, I'm rereading Book 3 in the Song of Ice and Fire series for fiction reading, and a book on the history of cults and religions in the historic cradle of civilization for nonfiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
Mostly comics but I'm getting into "Guns, Germs and Steel" by Jared Diamond. My fiction mostly comes from comics lol. Image's "The Old Guard" is doing it for me. Anyone else reading some of the "Dark Knights Metal" event going on right now in DC?
Uh, YEAH. I started a thread about because it was so cool. I don't regularly read DC but when I saw solicits for this series I was hooked. I decided I was gonna read the whole event, all the different tie-in issues in other series and it's been paying off so far. Most of Metal doesn't require knowledge of the current state of affairs in DC continuity, and any information about the status quo that surprised me was rare and I just rolled with it. I'm enjoying it and I hope we get a preview for the next two installments tomorrow, an issue of The Flash and a one-shot about a Batman from a dark alternate universe who went mad and decided to experiment on himself with the DNA of Doomsday to become more powerful after Doomsday killed Superman. Crazy stuff.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote