View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #59
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Wait what? How the heck was Rey not the main Jedi?
Well in context with the rest of the paragraph, I wanted Rey to be the main Jedi among other Jedi, not that she would be the last Jedi which is something that already happened in the OT. With that said, she took the backseat to Han Solo in TFA and to Kylo Ren/Luke in TLJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
If you didn't see support for Lucas or Lloyd, it's because you weren't looking hard enough. Watching how this fandom has reacted in the wake of the newest Trilogy, has made me really glad I'm not part of that fandom.

It's nothing but vitriol, and no true Scotsman.
Not to the extent that we're seeing with this girl who was so forgettable I don't even know the character's name, let alone the actress. All I remember was disliking her in the movie and that her toys are shelf warming everywhere.

What reaction? The fandom loved TFA, it wasn't until TLJ that they changed their opinion. It's odd that many visualize a star wars fan as this stereotypical fat virgin when it's the highest grossing movie series. The average fan is your average person. And the people on the "good side" of protecting this one girl are the same people who were the ones harassing Lucas and Lloyd.

The narrative that it's the fandom that's toxic and ruining Star Wars is simply the most ridiculous statement that mainstream "geek culture" blogs and social media activists are pulling. And they've been putting out a lot of ridiculous statements since the movie started getting blasted by fans.

Why were these FAKE geek culture blogs throwing dirt at Ben Affleck just a year ago after Batman v Superman and helping this hostility that has lead to the mess that is the DCEU now? I haven't even seen any examples of the so called harassment to this girl, which you would think they would screenshot and show people. And if they do this why don't they show the screen shots to other actors/directors who get the exact same treatment? I'm sure the social media of guys like Michael Bay are full of sh-t comments as well. Ridiculous, it's the internet, anyone can make an account and tell you to kill yourself. The internet isn't something new or a place to only get compliments and flowers.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote