View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #3
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I know that some of what Kimmel was talking about was the protection against pre-existing condition exclusions.

Something that the House GOP just decided to roll back, allowing states to decide for themselves what would/wouldn't count as a pre-existing condition.

People with pre-existing conditions can be turned down outright for insurance, or pay more than the average person.

It's my understanding that insurance works best when everyone puts in a little. I mean, the whole point of having insurance is In Case Something Bad Happens. And if there isn't a giant pool of healthy people who kick in, then it all falls to crap.

It's like herd-immunity that way.

Some things that can be considered pre-existing conditions:
Genetic disorders
Pregnancy
C-Section
Rape

Have any of those in your past? And your state is now eligible to green light insurers in your state to deny you coverage.
Or charge you more.

Most of what I'm reading says it's not probable that this will pass the Senate, but that it is possible.
This doesn't matter from where I'm standing, they GOP is complicit in moving things forward.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote