View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 02:02 PM   #53
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
My favourite seasons are 1, 3 and 7.
I thought Seasons 1-3 were great along with 7. It's just a shame come Season 8 we never saw conclusions to all those recurring characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
The funniest thing about this, is even though they act like a little kids who want to **** on everyone, because things don't go their way, at the same time they have a gall to claim some kind of "an intellectual" superiority. It's such fun case of selective blindness, that it is incredibly hilarious to make their jimmies rustled and watch them drop megatons of salt.
Right on. Splinter as originally being a human is a disgrace, reincarnated Turtles (which is worse) is absolutely fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
Yeah, but I'm talkling about stuff like taking credit for giving the Turtles individual personalities, or putting them in the sewers, or putting April in a Jumpsuit. Stuff that clearly existed in the source material.
Going back to your quoted post it was still fairly early days. Yeah the TMNT had personalities but they weren't pronounced enough. Don in the early issues was more a Mr Fix-it with a toolkit rather than a proper genius. Mikey starting with the FW cartoon was more a humorous character. When I first read the Fugitoid arc I couldn't really tell them apart. Wise is wrong to an extent but then again he was adapting the TMNT from the first one or two issues of Volume 1 rather than the first 12 so I can see why he would incorrectly think he created their personalities.

I've read David say a lot of crap on Facebook but with TMNT I cut him some slack because he was treated pretty badly for nine years by the studios and never got much recognition for what he achieved in those years. Writers back then didn't receive the same celebrity status they do now and I guess he quite rightly felt cheated more because he grew to like the show he worked on.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote