View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 07:56 PM   #257
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The animators seemed to think there was nothing wrong with April's clothing:

https://realnerdunion.files.wordpres...s_s02e19_a.jpg

Even if she didn't have leggings on underneath they look like regular shorts to me.

You use THAT shot, and claim there's nothing wrong with her shorts??!! Cubed, you are either trolling REALLY hard, or you truly have no clue. Those things are practically painted on her rear, and so are the leggings. I mean, it's nice that she can rock the look, but that would NEVER fly in most public schools, even in New York. Too distracting to male eyes. And just because you saw them wearing that stuff, doesn't mean they didn't get reprimanded for it. You probably just didn't see the consequences getting handed down. Most schools send the student home to change (and mark them absent without permission to boot) or have them "borrow" something more appropriate the school provides. (And nobody wants to wear that stuff- it's usually ugly or way out of style, to embarrass them so they don't do it again.)

Like Indigo, ours required shorts to be at least down below fingertips, and no skin-tight ANYTHING. It was just asking for trouble to even try wearing that stuff to class. Especially in high school, when guys can be utter pigs. That's the entire point of the rules- students are there to learn, not to be seen or impress anyone. Public schools do have standards of conduct, though some inner city schools seem to give up on them. But I bet if you'd been in a school just a few miles away (maybe in a wealthier district or neighborhood) you would not have seen anyone get away with that.

It's not "1950's" America, it's just common school standards of etiquette, dress, and conduct. Something that inner city schools may become lax on, but most others don't.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote