View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 09:24 AM   #2
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Here's some suggestions for the couples where it didn't go according to plan.

Casey Jones and April "Capril"

Well, those two ended up pretty much in a Brother-sister relationship, with her being the older sister. You can see it happening from the third season on. Casey's attempts to flirt with her all but vanish and in the "It came from the woods" episode he tells her that she became "As cold as ice", In "Spirit Quest" when he pulls her close and goes "It looks like it's going to be you and me, Red!" she looks at him with a "Keep your hands to yourself!" look in her eyes. With the final closing being in "Serpent hunt" when April says that the Pizza place which has become their refuge is a little "Too cramped for my taste." at which she and Casey exchange a look and then look away.

So my song for them would be "Tunnel of love" by Dire straits
Which is a song about two people who find an attraction to the other but quickly find out that they differ too much to have it work out. The guy then realizes he could have caught up with her but decides to honor her wishes and walks away.

Splinter and Tang Shen

Sometimes life throws you a curveball which completely sends you in a different direction: Splinter had it all, a family, a wonderful loving wife, a beautiful daughter and he lost it all thanks to jealously from Shredder who wanted what Splinter had.

So my song for them would be "Sometimes it snows in April" by Prince, which is about losing somebody after they had been through something very difficult. And finding peace in the knowledge that they will see that person again in the afterlife.

The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote