View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 05:59 AM   #79
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I haven't been out too much. I'd gotten hired for a new job right when the pandemic happened...but it was at a childcare center. I have no idea what's going on with that. I'm technically furloughed...so no work. For a childcare center, you're an early childhood educator. There's no way you can get toddlers to social distance, let alone preschool-age. The only group you can probably cater to are the infants up to about 6 months...I wouldn't be surprised if more parents are going to keep their kids at home too.

Since I'm not working, then I don't have much of a reason to go out. I decided to work on my MA remotely...so no need to go out for that.

Aside from the store, I don't go to many places and if I do go out, I might take the dog out and go for a drive just to get out of the house, but I mostly do that at night.

Sometimes I have to take or pick up my father from his dialysis. Due to him, I try to limit my contact with others. He's already been hospitalized twice since this all started. He went in for a blood infection. which he got from doing dialysis, and double pneumonia. They discharged him, but he was still having breathing issues, so he went back and had to be hospitalized again. The pneumonia never cleared up fully and he shouldn't have been released. He's home and okay now, but he has to use oxygen all the time now so we have one of those machines in the house that converts the air into the oxygen he's breathing. He's also diabetic.

I'm overweight and diabetic, so I have to worry about that...but I'm more worried about my dad since he does have a respiratory issue and wouldn't want to accidentally bring something back that could infect him. I always wear a mask while out (not that it's an issue...got used of doing that while in Japan) and always have sanitizing wipes in my car. All the other steps we should be taking, was stuff I'd been doing for years anyway. Soap and hand sanitizer were two things I always kept on me anyway.

Oh as for those with COVID-19, my younger cousin got it a while back. She's a nurse at the VA hospital here...but it's badly run. They weren't even testing the employees and if they did, they'd lie about the diagnosis. They had to get our congressman and governor involved as well as the union. Was even on the local news here. They were blaming the staff if they became sick and trying to say that they contracted it elsewhere if they had themselves tested outside of their facilities (like my cousin did) and doing other shady stuff. They weren't even providing proper PPE for their staff and instead of having a COVID ward, like most places, they didn't, despite claiming they were when confronted, so people were working with patients that were infected without knowing...hence why so many of the staff members were getting sick. Luckily that was all taken care of and my cousin did recover and the hospital actually wanted her to return before her 2 week quarantine was even up. Her union rep told her to keep all e-mails sent to her to be used against them. She's back at work and stuff, but she said they're still doing shady stuff.

The only reason why she hasn't quit is because she's also a nursing student and the schedule there works well with her schooling schedule.

Last edited by ssjup81; 08-08-2020 at 06:23 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote