View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 09:56 AM   #555
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

One thing I'm a little fuzzy on. In that new interview with Affleck, he said he wanted to direct The Batman but never got a good script... but he was the one writing the script, with Geoff "The Hackman" Johns. Was he just unhappy with what he himself was writing with Geoff, or what?

Beyond that, I think it's as simple as this:

* Affleck was excited to direct/star in The Batman.

* Affleck wasn't happy with the script, for whatever reason. Not enough time to get it right with WB (at the time) forcing The Batman to shoot by a certain date. Dropped out as director, remained interested to star.

* Matt Reeves comes aboard as director, is allowed as much time as he needs to get the script right (which probably pisses off Ben, of course... "Why didn't they let ME take all the time I need?"). Still wants Affleck aboard. Affleck is still on board as long as he likes the script.

* JL reshoots happen, reshooting half the movie. Affleck is pissed, but still down to star in The Batman if the script is good.

* JL opens. Affleck has now gone from pissed to depressed, but is still down to star in The Batman if the script is good and he is still wanted.

Anything else is bullsh**, especially "I bet WB will use 'Flashpoint' to recast Batman mid-movie!!" No, they won't. That's not even how time travel works. And sidenote: f*** a "Flashpoint" movie.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-21-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote