View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

I was floored when these came out. Dooney likeness turtles with fully painted weapons, dry-brush details, functional accessories, screen accurate supporting cast, Casey with a removable mask, mousers?! What's not to love? It was a very impressive toyline (which gradually declined, but still). The only major downside of it was that it often left something to be desired regarding articulation. To a kind of inexcusable extent, IMO. But the fact they looked like they popped outta the TV screen made it an easier pill to swallow, for me.

I fell out of interest with the series for a time around season 3, so I didn't get any of the figures from that point on until years later, but I've heard the latter half seasons had harder to find characters. Didn't have too much trouble getting them on the aftermarket in 2009/10, but I didn't exactly go after all of them. Obviously Quarry, Bishop, & a few others are relatively scarce & expensive. But in my day I didn't really have any trouble as far as I can recall.

I think the coolest thing to come out of this toyline was the Shredder with vac-metal removable armor/helmet. What a badass toy. I also really like the Foot Soldiers, Turtlebot, Fugitoid, & Turtle Tots. & we got our first Utrom toy! Usagi's real neat too, despite the stupid gimmick & T-pose.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote