View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 06:40 AM   #48
jenna
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
So can anyone relay information from the video? I'm curious about what he said about the turtles....and Animaniacs too...but more curious about the turtles.
From memory....

Spoiler:
-He commented that he is closer to getting the chick as Donatello, but didn't give any spoilers.
-He talked about Tumblr (I have no idea what it is - so apologies if my ignorance shows through) and said that it is really flattering that people take the time to... do whatever it is people do on Tumblr (?) and that it is amazing how deeply fans are affected by the characters that they.... do Tumblr stuff. (Sorry, no idea!)
-He mentioned the OT cast and said none of them had any idea how big Turtles would become and commented that it is now inter-generational, with parents in their 30s enjoying it with their children
-He commented that Ciro and Brandon and the people in charge are "turtle freaks" and very respectful of the source material and turtles ethos
-When asked about the challenge of moving from Raphael in the OT to Donnie in Nick, he said when he first got the audition call for Donnie that he thought a mistake had been made because he was 'too old' and had his agent call them to check it wasn't a mistake
-He said he loved playing Raphael and that this time round there is twice as much love for the show because of those of us in our thirties joining the kids to watch Nick
-He talked about the nostalgia factor and how excited the fans get about the OT cast, and linked this to returning as OT Raphael in the recent Nick episode
-He talked about Animaniacs Live, which is happening in Denver. I sort of switched off a bit by this point because I'm not really interested in Animaniacs, but I think he mentioned a live orchestra (Colorado Symphony) and that he would be happy to sign stuff at the event.

Sorry, not a word-for-word account. Hope it gives you a flavour of what was said. There were no spoilers or any new news.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote