View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Mega Man evolved as MM X in the SNES era, Legends in the PS1, Battle Network in the GBA era but after that Capcom didn't seem to know how to make new ways to play Mega Man and has struggled keeping the already on going series. Mega Man games are hit or miss, there are tons of games so quality is all over the place. I'm mostly a fan of the first few eras of games.

Street Fighter refuses to evolve since IV (and continues in V), it's just a rehash of II in terms of characters and it taking place before III since III changed the whole story up. The story is now a convoluted mess because of it, and we only get a few new characters per generation and a ton of returning ones. What I liked about Alpha and III is they introduced more new characters than old ones. but now it's all nostalgia pandering. I still like SF but I wish VI actually takes place after III and evolves the storyline/we get a mostly new cast.

SEGA is definitely another really bad offender of not using their franchises.
The last time Capcom did that with SF was with Street Fighter III... and that game wasn't exactly a commercial hit. It's no wonder they brought Chun-Li back in 3rd Strike in order to help give the game more interest.

Story? Most people don't play SF for the story but for the actual gameplay. As great as 3S is, it would have been even better if it had more familiar characters, imo.

I could do without characters such as T. Hawk, Dee jay, Balrog and Zangief, though. I don't like playing as them. But I don't like the idea of a SF game without Chun-Li or Cammy, for example. Or M. Bison. Then again, Chun-Li and Cammy are two of my favourite characters in the series, so ofc I'd miss them.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote