View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 03:37 PM   #59
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
That's a good point i hope is brought up. 'Dude, it's like 2020, why aren't we in universal harmony like Rufus said?'
It's already been mentioned in several places that the basic plot is about figuring out what went wrong, and why what was supposed to happen, didn't happen. There's apparently a reason why Wyld Stallyns didn't conquer the universe as expected, and that's what we're going to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
but the end of part two showed they achieved it as they went to mars.

that's why part 3 is stupid.
Not really. We saw a bunch of tongue-in-cheek newspaper clippings and that's all. The last thing we physically saw, was Bill & Ted onstage at the Battle of the Bands. All that other stuff during the credits could have simply existed in the original timeline - the one that didn't happen now, for reasons this films is set to explain.
-----------

I'd be willing to bet that, like most people, it was simply the decision to have kids that ruined everyone's life and doomed the future. After all, at NO point in the first two films did anyone from the future say anything about their kids. They're probably not supposed to exist, and that was the schism point that fractured the timeline. Probably a "Mommy was gonna be a doctor, but instead I had YOU" type of scenario.

Or something else. I'unno, we'll see. This is pretty much the only movie I'm excited about for the foreseeable future. I'm annoyed that the studio wouldn't agree to make it unless Bill and Ted had daughters instead of sons, but whatever, that might just be incidental in the big picture. We'll see what happens.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote