View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #52
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Hes still doing better than Mikey, seriously at this point April is a more of a main character than Mikey hell her hair is basically orange.
Missed this before but I still disagree. In terms of character moments, Mikey seems to have more, even if some are from the filler episodes. Character episode wise, Raph has the least of the four Turtles. Both of their respective treatments though are subjective; I expect one decent Mikey episode before the show closes, I hope it can occur.

I think one of the bigger missed opportunities was the whole Kraang takeover after The Invasion. I mentioned it before but after Northampton, the pacing for it was extremely off. It was more of just reintroducing the Foot into the fray; heck, the Kraang influence was barely there outside brief appearances in Return to New York and Serpent Hunt.

Personally, I wish at least two of the Northampton episodes were removed. My choices being Eye of the Chimera and The Croaking. If those 8 episodes were more of preparations to counterattack alongside having some wacky events (ex: Dream Beavers) and possibly had a New York episode centering around the Mutanimals' formation, it'd be more excusable for me.

Same goes for the space arc. Improve some elements while making it more like an epic space opera and it could be more enjoyable. I like select episodes from it and the fourth season, but the overall quality is so-so.