Thread: Sports Talk
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #119
Dinny
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
I'm cheering for Celtic at the moment. Not that I'm their biggest fan or something but they've got two Poles in squad, so yeah.

BTW - it's quite funny, someone mentions football on the board and then Dinny shows up out of the blue.
My senses were all... tingling or something. I thought we should have made topics for the Champions League and Euro 2008 after the world cup thread was so successful, at least you, me and Barkworm would have something to say.

Unfortunately my team's in the UEFA cup this year so the Champions League has been boring so far for me. Looking forward to Inter - Valencia tonight though, should be excellent. I expect Inter to go through to the quarters but it'll be close.
I can only see Barcelona - Liverpool going one way but Liverpool have the luck of the draw on their side as if they can get a descent result tonight, Barca will need to play well at Anfield which has become a fortress in the Premiership this season.
As much as I want Porto to win tonight, they'd need more than luck to get anything out of tonight's game with Chelsea, and I can see Chelsea winning in Portugal too. Expect to see some dramatic display from Mourinho once Chelsea go through, like mooning the Chelsea supporters for no good reason.
As for Roma - Lyon, I think Roma could squeeze a victory tonight, but realistically Lyon will march on through.

Btw Sewer Bull, Boruc played really well last night.
Dinny is offline   Reply With Quote