View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Mostly, I agree with all of you. Except we need April there, she's as much a part of the story as the turtles. And personally, the trilogy I think would be best is; Return to New York, Fugitoid arc, then City at War. Those are the three biggest volume one stories, and those are the stories from mirage most fans of other iterations are the most familiar with. And Leatherhead, Rat King, Baxter and the mousers absolutely must be worked in, even if just in minor roles; fans of all versions have been waiting too long for all of those characters. Red Bandannas could be fine, but I think black bandannas would avoid the 'four raphs' question altogether, and makes them feel more people's expectations of 'ninja'.
That's all fine with me.

Me, I'd be grudgingly OK with the rainbow bandannas (pick your battles, you know, though the last thing TMNT on the big screen needs is a half measure... it needs to go all-in to escape the gravity well of the PD films' brown hole) as long as there's at least a bit with the all-reds.

i.e., big battle scene and the Turtles put on all red bandannas. They're whooshing around a factory/warehouse, trying to get the drop on a room full of like 20, 30 guys. Lights are flickering. The Turtles keep, I dunno, popping out and throwing shuriken at the bad guys (think, the dock scene in Batman Begins, but shuriken and blood and weapons strikes instead of fists and rope). It starts to go on a bit, and the bad guys really freak out, seeing all these red bandannas popping up, disappearing, and popping up again... "How many of them are there??" "I think I got one... sh**, there he is again!" "What happened to Larry? Where'd he go?" "There's ****ing HUNDREDS of them!!! GAHHH!!!" "AHHH!!!" Until they're all picked off.

I think that could be pretty awesome.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-08-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote