View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #32
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I'm of a similar mindset, I don't count the last season at all even if I enjoyed "Six Forgotten Warriors" and the Spider-Wars finale. My cut off point is "The Wedding" episode, which actually aired in the UK as the finale of the previous season rather than the premiere of the last.
I'm not sure where I stopped the last time I tried to go through it. It's one of those series that doesn't age well and is kind of hard to get through as an adult. You see all the blatant ways they cut corners and screwed up. But man, the Venom episodes held up well and the show did well with fun guest hero appearances.

Quote:
I agree, and I did appreciate that Slott made sure Mayday's baby brother had a big role to play in the story even if she did not (with Benjy/Benny being the "scion" of the Inheritor prophecy), that said, I was referring to the little trick DeFalco threw into his short story in the tie-ins which hinted the MC2 continuity featured in the event was NOT the original MC2 universe he had written for a decade (as a way of pacifying fans who loved the universe and were upset MC2 Peter, the one Spider-Man with the most complete ending at the time, had been killed off)

With this trick, he ensured that the "real" MC2, not seen since 2010, remained safe and well while another Mayday and her family suffered.

Also the way Slott dealt with the fate of the newspaper strip universe, where the Master Weaver protected it inside a pocket dimension, also offered up the possibilities of other realities being spared in similar ways.
Ah. I don't think I've read all the little short stories. Spider-Verse had a good bit of side content.