View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Ah, I've got so many things that annoys me, and I could pick on about the TMNT reprints... But even with the mistake, I have to say, I'm really happy to have them in paper format, and collected. There weren't much TMNT comic my country, apart from about 2/3 of the Archie run, so obviously, when I was school-age or at a low paying job and without money I had no other chance, then to 'pirate' them (yeah, pirate, like attacking and murdering people for comics, then selling them at the black market. cuz this and illegally creating a private copy are exactly the same things, and should both totally called as piracy...). So now I have an okay job, I can spend money on the reprints, and I do, and I'm really happy to finally have them on paper, but still, I wish someone at IDW would have monitored them more carefully.
Here are my problems:
- Missing duo-shades. Sure, Mirage might have sent Nick duoshade-less files, and then Nick sent those files to IDW, but anyone who ever read the whole Mirage run, should have cought this error. They should have rescanned the original issues, and clean it with Photoshop. That might not have a perfect result, but still a ton better, then just bare inked lines.
- No Fugitoid #1 in Ultimate Collection #1. The UC books contain the canonical v1 stories that PL/KE had direct input in plus the microseries, right? So why no Fugitoid? That's his first appearence, it's done by PL, and it's totally canon, and important part of the TMNT universe. Tho they can still release it in the Classics TPB line of books.
- I wish I could have the whole thing in original form too. I'm buying the colored works/classics/tales/datotherbookwithsoulswinter too, but I wish I could pick up remaining v1/tales v1/etc. in B&W too.
- Okay, my major problem with the colored books are the coloring mistakes, a lot of them. I think I already posted about this before, so I won't explain everything again, but it's about foot ninjas and Shredder having differen color in every single book, Renet having orange (!) skin color (they might have just rename her to Starfire), Complete Carnage changing skin color from grey to gold, then to blue, etc.
- Sometimes the coloring is really lazy/bad/weak, like when they forget to color Radical's hair, etc.

I'm actually happy bout Archie being untouched (tho I didn't started to collect them yet), but seeing how awesome the coloring was by Heather Breckel in 30th Anniversary, I wouldn't mind the recoloring, if it was done by her, and not by some XY graphics studio who has no clue what they're doing.

If IDW really want to save money on the colorist for Mirage reprint, they should outsource the job to someone from a country with cheap living and low wages. And someone should really look trough the pages and search for mistakes.