View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 02:12 PM   #91
BlueBandana
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown View Post
Man I love the work you have been posting. Does Sophie take commissions bc I would love to add a piece of her work to my collection. Shes incredible.
You're totally right, Sophie is immensely talented. Sadly, I don't think she's taking commissions at the moment. I can't wait to see her new work on TMNT Universe though!

In other news, I received something cool a couple of days ago for my collection. I'm a huge fan of Paolo Rivera's work on Spider-Man and Daredevil, and getting a TMNT and a Dark Knight Returns Batman commission from him has been on my bucket-list for some time. If anyone has seen his painted Sideshow Collectibles print, you'll already know how amazingly Zulli-esque his turtles look! I hope IDW contacts him about a variant cover sometime in the near future.

Unfortunately, I didn't win the auction last week for the painted Mikey cover that Paolo did for the Hero Initiative (by 50 bucks, arggggh!), so instead I got a copy of the print from his website. Here's a link in case anyone is interested in one:

http://paolorivera.bigcartel.com/pro...elangelo-print

As I was talking with Paolo about the auction and how I had lost my chance of owning such an epic Mikey piece, he told me he'd throw in the thumbnail prelim with my print, what a great guy! You can see the prelim in the top right of this photo, it's roughly 3x3 inches:

Here's a hi-res scan:

After opening the package, I was surprised to find that Paolo had drawn a mini-Leo for me on the back of the prelim since he knows Leo is my fave turtle, what an awesome bonus.

Lastly, if the winner of the auction is reading this post, congrats on winning such a stunning piece of art

Last edited by BlueBandana; 12-24-2019 at 05:06 PM.
BlueBandana is offline   Reply With Quote