View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #37
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sure, but the only thing that worries me about all of this is... what exactly is the incentive for us NOT to be shooting down these missiles every time they're launched, if we can? Why even let them get to Japan? We don't know how far they'll go or what's in them, and displaying our ability to shoot them down would do a lot to dissuade Kim. I worry they've sold us on a false sense of security that we can and would shoot them down.
We really don't need to display that we can shoot missles down. They know we can already. So does China, which is why they are so agitated about our missle defense systems in the area.

Again, Kim's motivation is 100% to stay in power and prove is mettle to the DPRK people and party. I think there's some internal power struggling going on there. But the bottom line is that he doesn't have enough missles/nukes to destroy us, he wants to stay in power, he knows if he fires at us we will destroy him.

His only tiny hope is that he somehow gets us to make the first attack which compels China to act. We do not want that. I hope to God Trump has rational people explaining this to him. The worst thing we could EVER do is make the first attack.

Shoot missles into the water. Who cares. Let him bluster.