View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #61
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
* Let IDW keep doing IDW's thing, though with the Nick shackles off. "Encourage" them to also either do a "MULTIVERSE" book that partially spotlights the Mirage universe, or an outright Mirage "Volume 5" book with talent new and old. Reprint everything they couldn't before (and if they aren't willing, take it all to Dark Horse... they've been itching to reprint everything for eons). Kiss Rick Veitch's ass and/or give him whatever he wants to get "The River" and such reprinted.
THIS! Very much this! All of the above! But, I'd get PL's approval before green-lighting Mirage Vol. 5, because I don't want to step on his toes if he gets the inspiration to do one last Vol. 4 issue (I always figured that was why IDW was it's own universe). I'd also commission Murphy and Allen to finally make "The Forever War" which would be published as a graphic novel and likely adapted into a DTV movie (see below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
* Develop some kind of a Netflix series. This could be in the same universe as the aforementioned rebooted movie series, or maybe it's own thing.

* Pretty much always have a cartoon in active development or on the air to reel in the latest crop of kiddies. This could be whatever.
If I went the two shows route, I think I'd rather let the live-action show be the "kiddie show" to sell the toys, and the animated show would be a more serious take for older fans that combines Mirage, Archie, and original elements. Animation is a more important medium to me than live action. There would also be another TF/Transdimensional Turtles type special that features the Mirage Turtles more heavily and doesn't do the "Mirage Turtles are scary" thing.

And, on that note, the main thing I would do is have a line of direct to video "TMNT Multiverse" animated movies! They would be similar to the "DC Universe" animated movies that WB releases. There would be direct "Panel to screen" adaptations of memorable and important story-lines from Mirage, Archie, and IDW, as well as new adventures in the discontinued TV show universes (like a new FW or 4Kids TMNT adventure). "Return to NY", "City at War" and "Souls Winter" would be at the top of my list.

I'd also try to get a heavily Mirage-based live action theatrical film series off the ground, but that would just be "icing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
There is one factor that I'd have in my TMNT take:
Absolutely no magic. Unless there's a stage magician, but that doesn't count. And there probably wouldn't be one, though it would make an interesting annoyance.

In a story with (granted, kind of dumb) science at the heart of its creation, there is very little room for mysticism.
I strongly disagree with that, but it's your opinion, and I don't want to get into a thing with you. Just stating for the record that I'm fine with stories that blend sci-fi and magical fantasy.

Last edited by Tetsu Deinonychus; 03-22-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote