View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 05:43 PM   #40
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ray View Post
Mmmmh, very likely the first 2003 game on PS2/Gamecube/Xbox.
It's just like Turtles in Time, but is as long as a Easter church morning (I remember being extremely long when I was a kid). Also, the VS mode is kind of messed up.

Battle Nexus had it's flaws but was a good solid game; and Mutant Nightmare was the best among all of them in my opinion.

I tried the Nes game recently and it's not bad either (except the controls; they are clumsy as hell).
Never played Tournament Fighters, so I can't say if they are bad or not, but I guess they are fine since they are very basic BeatEmUps.
Turtle's in Time and the majority of the arcade TMNT titles are ok. They definitely didn't age well, but they are not bad.

Omg, Battle Nexus had an insanely great ost. Thanks for noticing it comrade.
About the frustrating part: yes, it is kind of frustrating.
But just because some game mechanics are TERRIBLY explained.
Like, did you actually know that Michelangelo can DEFLECT arrows by guarding?

And don't get me started on my 10 years research on how to get S+ as rank. The game, for whatever reason, counts your Attack and Aerial on which combo you use (???), and the Defence rank is based on how much blows you parry (????????????).

But whatever it ain't that of a bad game tho. The boss fights are probably one of the reasons why I still play it to this very day!
I can't sign off on any of this. When's the last time you played it? I know, I know... 'pinions. I just... I cannot find a single redeeming thing about "Battle Nexus". It was, by far, one of the all-time worst and least-fun experiences I have EVER had in playing video games. If that game was the only game I owned, I'd start collecting stamps. It is so completely goddamn broken.

"Mutant Nightmare" was definitely the best overall of that trilogy, though. But the first one is way better than Battle Nexus. If it weren't for "Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six" for NES I think it would be the most hated game in my collection.

I'm sorry, I just can't find anything redeeming or even tolerable about it, and I'm completely baffled as to how anyone could actually enjoy it. I've had bouts of food poisoning that I'd rather revisit before I'd ever play that thing again.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote