View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #160
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Should we argue that the 1987 Turtles can adapt to any universe thus are the better fighters?
I think its a constant in the Ninja Turtles multiverse, that they (any version of turtles) are flexible and can adapt to situations that allow them to overcome impossible odds. Even the 87 turtles, whom many people call lame fighters, I'd argue are among the best when everything is factored in.

This brings me to another point, which I don't think anyone has talked about, that their fight with Tiger Claw was probably very different from their fight with Bebop and Rocksteady. Whereas the latter took place in the Nick universe, putting the 87 turtles at a disadvantage, they fought Tiger Claw on their home turf, which gave them all sorts of cartoon physics and tactics which TC wouldn't have been prepared for.

In a similar vein, the 80s Turtles competently fought against the Kraang and Kraang Subprime since they are technically not characters from the Nick universe, but Dimension X which the 80s turtles are used to.

This makes me wonder, is this an explanation for why the 80s Foot Soldiers are so competent in the Nick universe? In the 80s world, they are near useless as they use simple brute force which is outclassed by the 80s turtles' slapstick/ninjitsu tactics while in the Nick universe, they are shown to be able to give both teams of turtles combined trouble and even hold their own against the EPF, who are highly trained.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 09-16-2017 at 03:39 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote