View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #133
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Is now a bad time to point out duck anatomy and the fact that Disney has been drawing cartoon versions sans pants for decades?
(duck sexuality is...something.)

?

I can find that case study of the female chimpanzee raised as a human child and as a result only found human males attractive, if ya'll really want me to.

I'm not a No Romo person, but I will say that I'll take the No Romo side of things if presented with creators incapable of writing female characters as anything BUT a love interest.
Because that sort of thing is only really indicative of illustrating just how bad a writer is at their job.

In conclusion:
Spoiler:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSptpSXXkAAcum5.jpg
Blurry image taken from Mirage, Vol 1, Issue 44.
Was she anything like Oliver? There was an interesting case of a chimp with amorous interest in humans if ever there was one. He was even billed for a long time as a living "missing link" of sorts.

As for ducks, that particular anatomic detail has always been a bit disturbing to me. Especially in terms of Disney (or Loony Toons) characters....

And I have been around Deviant Art and the fan-fic community long enough to know that MANY fans who "ship" the TMNT with humans often do so while fully acknowledging their physical differences. And are often pretty descriptive of them too. Sometimes said differences are a major plot-point or obstacle to the relationship. Those who dismiss such romantic relationships are almost always thinking very narrowly regarding the definition of romantic love, or how it is expressed or experienced. TMNT would no doubt define it very differently than the typical human would, simply due to their unique circumstances. In other words, they would find ways to adapt and make it work. If Raph can have a long term relationship with Ninjara in Archie, why not with a human too? Leo and Radical seemed to work out ok, if that issue is to be believed.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote