View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 08:41 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
We were, yes, & in the same month, apparently! We grow more alike by the day, eh?

I didn't find 18 to be a big deal whatsoever, myself. I spent my teenage years getting into clubs, buying smokes/alcohol, etc, between that & the things I was up to, I had a full dose of "adulthood" long before the law said I should. 21 didn't really land for the same reasons. Now, at 26, I still feel like a teenager in many respects. Not so much for petty high school sorts of reasons, but mainly due to my desire to just have fun, be a bit careless, get by thanks to music, & so on. At the same time, the fact I'm NOT one is way more evident than ever before, as I watch people around me getting married, having kids, etc. I also feel like sh*t, but it's probably more to do with health problems than it is aging. I've definitely had a lot of realizations about what it means to get older, though. Things my parents told me as a kid finally make sense, but not for the better. Some wisdom, is a burden.

It is true that once you reach a certain age, time seems to increase doubly, perhaps moreso. I googled that phenomena some time back, & they say its because you generally create less memories, & sorta run out of milestones for a while, which would otherwise create mental checkpoints. Stating it so vaguely it may seem a bit odd, but look it up, there are a lot of points which make perfect sense of it. Scary, in a way, really.
Next thing you're telling me we share the same exact birthday. Mine is on November 15. Is that yours as well?

Well, I wasn't really doing any of those things as a teenager. I was more of a late bloomer. I definitely felt different from 16-17 to 18. I became a metalhead around 17-18 and also suddenly became a bit more outgoing and less "geeky looking".

Well ageing can be a bit scary. Not just in the health department but also in the professional career aspect as well. Let's not forget you and I were turning 17-18 around the time the bubble burst. We were unlucky in that aspect compared to other generations.

Yes, that phenomenon is well known. Although a 50 year old woman told me once she remembers very well being around my age as if it was yesterday and also told me I was gonna reach 50 sooner than I expected. Welp.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote