Thread: Writer's Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 11:35 PM   #6
CaliperCat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post
Thanks, CaliperCat! Aren't dreams crazy like that?! I keep a dream diary. Sometimes I get some really cool scenes from dreams so I know exactly what you mean. I keep my diary near my bed so in case I wake up from a brilliant dream, I better log it because no matter how often I tell myself 'don't forget this--don't forget this' I sure as hell forget. Does your superhero have any superpowers? I don't think you're weird writing out of sequence. A lot of writers I know tend to do that. Just never throw it away. Sometimes you gotta write something just to get it out. And if you decide to not use it in your story, at least you have it for yourself and it may serve a purpose in one of your next pieces. With the story I'm writing now, I'm trying to keep it novella-length but since I'm so used to novels I tend to write more so I toss that idea because it's too much. But getting it down on paper/MS Word doc and out from your head is refreshing and still gratifying to me.
Maybe I should start keeping a dream diary as well! I have some pretty crazy ones, although I don't think I could write about the dream I had last nice (a bison tried to jump a fence and got caught in it, and I had to free her. No clue where that came from!). I've actually got four heroes who do have powers, although I'm still working out the powers with them. If you'd like to know in more detail what they are, it'd be best if I just attached them as a document, because otherwise this post would be a whole page long! I actually keep a "dump" document precisely for the purpose of keeping all of my little snippets, so that they never end up getting lost somewhere.

What's the story you're writing now about? I definitely understand having difficulty keeping stories short, as I tend to be a lengthy writer as well. I was writing a fan-fiction many years ago, and the chapters were all approaching about 6,000 words a pop. Actually, part of my problem is trying to get the ideas in my head out on a document or on paper- I can have something brilliant in my head, but it never comes out the same way on paper. Do you have any tips?

100% Jellybean and proud!
CaliperCat is offline   Reply With Quote