View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 03:22 PM   #24
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

PApagreg, thank you for this thread!
there is so much flag over this show and everybody has an opinion that he NEEDS to share with everyone here..and in my observation in most of these cases it is a rather negative opinion about this show.
ALSO very often the case-- and take this also as just an observation-- coming from people who were enthusiastic about the 2k12 turtles show and are sad that it ended and this has taken its place now.

be that as it may, I didn't know myself what to expect of this show before it premiered.. I tried to remind myself to just stay open and loose about it and see what they would be coming up with.
then came the first glimpses at the character designs and we got to know that they changed up the format towards a much shorter running time per episode and I could understand that the look of what would be the new and coming turtles show was maybe much more than only a little bit different from what most would have expected or even hoped for..
I mean we have seen these horrible soulless michael bay abominations being the turtles at the movies for this generation of kids and overall fans and every further straying away from the original look of these characters from the comics or the first animated show or the first movies etc was testing and straining our patiencehahahaha

but , again--to me-- the fact that the show would return to traditional 2d animation was very intriguing. had the 2k12 show a problem with overtly reusing the same character models and backgrounds over and over again (for issues of costs no doubt) here was a way that could give us everything you could ever imagine for only the writers and animators and designers imaginations were the limit.

I really immensely enjoy rise of the tmnt for it cracks me up from time to time, the characters are very funny and loveable. the adventures offer change and that also includes moments when they seem to return to familiar grounds for us.
the action sequences are always very dynamic. there is so much happening in one such episode that rewatching them is fun, because one can really find something new with each visit.
the relationship is charming. yeah, splinter...man, this was such a set up and sooooo many peoppkle fell for it complaining endlessly in comments and videos about how this splinter is such a lously father figure and so on, but of people would just keep on watching the last few episodes I think many would see that their frustration (over a cartoon no less) was maybe a little premature and that they too can have fun with these characters.
anyway, PApagreg, you are absolutely right when you say that there is so much love and detail in every frame of this show! this is something I also came to see when watching and rewatching my dvd of the show.I wanted to pause it to do something and was stunned by a beautiful freeze frame. after that I paused the dvd on many occasion just to snap a pic or two of something I found funny or excitingly illustrated etc and bing--there was always a beautiful surprise waiting.
so, in that regard the show is so much fun to me, too..
anyway, I dont think I can change anyones opinion nor would I be especially interested to do so, I just wanted to support the positive perspective on this show that I can find so much joy in myself.
thanks again for this thread!