View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 07:16 AM   #10
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Probably. Deserved. It moved the meter about as much as a comic can in today's market.
Agreed. It just makes sense.
It’s got the prestige of being on the New York Times Best Seller list as well now, which is probably a lot of “firsts” for the brand, IDW, etc

It also seems like Viacom/Nick is going all in on turtles these last few years, which we are starting to see come to a head now, between all the comic events, video game releases, movie news, and the toy lines exploding even more.

I mean, Seth Rogen probably wasn’t cheap. Not like the guy is desperate for work, despite how any of us feel about it him. That’s an investment.

Now there seems to be follow-up to all the success the brand has been having as of late:
Neca line expanding further than any of us imagined, TLR becoming the “Ronin Verse” with multiple spin-offs, and now the Retro/budget games have proven there is a market for AAA TMNT games, which Viacom is immediately following up on.

It just seems like the brand is leaning into it’s strengths, and exploiting all markets, quite successfully, for the first time since the sale.
It’s no longer hard to imagine them recognizing that an animated adaption would sell very well. Literally, just keep following up on what works - it’s working.

Anyway, as for a new game, I’d love for them to lean into an RPG-type game, but I’m not holding my breath.

I think developers will always be inclined to take advantage of the fact that there are four main characters that can be utilized in multiplayer. I’d like to see it utilized in single-player, like we’ve seen in games like Final Fantasy or even Arkham Knight.

The retro-style games could continue on and satisfy that multiplayer itch.

Other then that, I’d be open to another fighting game, if it had a great developer, but the competition is pretty tight, so I wouldn’t bet on that either.

I just don’t think we’ve ever really had a great single-player experience in the world of TMNT. Something I can be excited to sink my teeth into all by myself after work. The type of AAA experience that you get addicted to and think about playing while you’re at work. Big budget, story-focused, deep combat. That’s what I want.

Last edited by AquaParade; 09-03-2022 at 07:23 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote