View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #32
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
You both have a point but they shouldn't be banned from serving their country if they want to do so. That would be like banning a black person from the military because of their race or banning someone for their religion or lack of religion.
They actually ban people for certain beliefs already. White Supremacist/ Black Panther ect....

Like I said before I think they have an argument for ban on the ground of chemical dependency as I mentioned before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
It's a volunteer military, though, so I find the idea of turning away able bodied people who want to serve and could do their job well for a reason like being transgender downright silly and counterproductive. There were excuses for segregation of blacks in the armed forces up until the 1950's, once upon a time, as well as the more recent discrimination of gays in the military. Eventually, the old ways died off. Didn't exactly hurt us.
I never understood the banning of the gay community at all. As I said before if a transgender person is reliant on chemical for transition or to maintain a certain look then I understand the ban bc it is a chemical dependency, but I have no experience with transgender transition and what they have to do after. I assume they would have to constantly take testosterone and estrogen for the rest of their life, but I maybe wrong which is why I could understand a ban, but to ban them for any other reason is stupid.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote