View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 02:20 PM   #20
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Interestingly, there are actually sensible explanations as to why Hitler is still popular and loved throughout places like India and the Muslim world, as shocking as it may seem to the average person from the West.

The Indians absolutely resented British for their Brutal colonial rule of their homeland, and Nazi Germany basically drove Britain into bankruptcy, meaning that without Hitler, Indian may have never gained independence. Also, many Indians living in India chose to voluntarily fight for the Third Reich during World War 2, primarily due to their hatred of the British.
I once read a news article written by a German journalist who went to India and ran into a cafe called Cafe Hitler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Don't they know Hitler hated dark skinned people? I think some often forget that besides Jews, Hitler would also eventually go after blacks/muslims/indians, everyone. He believed everyone would be white and blonde (despite Hitler himself having black hair, oddly enough).

There's no doubt in most peoples mind that had Germany won World War II, they would eventually take over every other country. Even Japan was stupid enough to follow them when he would have went after Asians as well.
The blonde people thing is a myth. As you said, Hitler and some of the Nazi officers weren't blonde themselves. Most Germans aren't actually blonde. And most Austrians even less.

Nazi Germany invaded and caused a lot of destruction in large parts of Europe with significant blonde populations. So it's pretty obvious the Nazis killed a lot of blonde people. Blonde hair was definitely an ideal of beauty for them, but not something obligatory for someone to be OK in their book. Also if someone was Jewish or a communist, it didn't matter if they looked like the living embodiment of Thor. They'd go to the concentration camps.

And don't forget Germany allied itself with Japan.

There was a black American athlete who won a gold medal at the Berlin Olympics in the early 30s. I believe he said he was better treated by the Nazi German authorities than in his own country. That isn't to say they viewed black people as equals to Europeans. In fact no European country at the time viewed Africans that favourably. European colonial presence in Africa wouldn't end until way after WW2 would be over.

Nazi Germany was definitely a racist and bigoted regime. Just look at what they did to Jewish people Gypsies, LGBT people and others. But things aren't so black and white(no pun intended). History doesn't work like that. Back in the 30s/40s black, Arabic and Indian people weren't exactly viewed as a threat to Europe by people like Hitler. So he probably felt no need to target them. In fact, he probably liked Arabs because he preferred Islam to Judaism, I'm guessing.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote