View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 04:50 PM   #103
neatoman
Emperor

Aside from personal expectation and want, there isn't much I can say is genuinely bad about this show. The pacing could be slightly slower and it gives too little context, that's really about it. I could nitpick or tear it apart for what it isn't, but I don't want to because I don't really dislike it.

I would have wanted a proper storyline, more drama and stronger connections to previous versions (that I like). The show just isn't aiming to do that, what it does aim for hasn't been done badly, so there just isn't much for me to actively hate.

Compared to the three cartoons before it, what's there to really say? The Fred Wolf cartoon didn't bother paying respect to the source material, it didn't even bother with quality control. The 4Kids cartoon is the closest to what I want but there were plenty of generic episodes that haven't aged well. The last Nick show tried to do what I wanted, but most of it was about as goofy as this show, while it's attempt at being dramatic and having a story wasn't well done (I'm sorry but the storyline of that show just sucked).

Disliking Rise because you liked one of the previous better seems odd to me, because they weren't that much better in all honesty.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote