View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 03:36 AM   #27
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The most common form of polygamy is actually one man being married to multiple women, and is most common in Africa and the Middle East.
A Malaysian guy I know has an uncle that has two wives and he is not even Muslim... both wives hate each other's guts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Anecdotally, the only people I've personally known who have attempted to initiate and maintain such an arrangement were women. Worked out great for them, short-term; twice as many guys around to work and pay bills and whatnot.

From the outside looking in, it appeared to be a transparent attempt at manipulating various men into supporting the woman's lifestyle. I'm assuming the men eventually began to suspect the same thing, because in the end nobody was speaking to anyone else. I've only seen it attempted a few times, but it always ended the same way. One guy moved halfway across the country to get away from the girl who f*cked him over so badly. Just up and fled in the middle of the night once he realized she'd been playing him for a chump. Bad scene.

On the surface, I would want to agree that it's a situation that favors the male - "More pu$$y! Whooooooo!" - but in my personal experience, most men want the women to get the f*ck out of sight as soon as the sex is over. Generally, you don't want them hanging around. Therefore, juggling multiple women may seem like Heaven on the surface, but Hell in actuality. The women, meanwhile, can get a lot more out of such an arrangement than just sex, so perhaps that's why they seem to be more proactive in instigating and maintaining a polyamorous relationship.

Again, this is just what I've observed up close. I'm sure it's different for some people, and there's all kinds of variables involved. It just doesn't seem like a good idea long-term. And the people who attempt it usually come off looking somewhat shady, for reasons not limited to but definitely including that.
Yeah, I mean, even for those who guys have never had sex:notice how after you're jacking off you lose all of your sex drive for a while and start feeling tired and sleepy? Sex and masturbation both make a guy tired and sleepy.

As for the open relationships stuff... yeah I doubt most work. Same for long distance. I've NEVER heard of a long distance relationship that worked.

And what about couples where only one of the sides is allowed to sleep around? As in women who don't mind their man having sex with other women or men who don't mind their women sleeping around, the latter being called "cuckolds".

Open relationships seem like a recipe for disaster, and I can't say it's a common thing. People are naturally jealous and believe relationships should be exclusive, as I do.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote