View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 03:05 PM   #172
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

In re-reading something, I noticed something that I hope will fall into the From the Heart, For the Herd storyline in Universe.

Zog seems to have some faith in Krang's ability to change his patterns and "be better than his father".

Zog's issues with the Empire mostly falls on Quanin. Not Krang.
Spoiler:

So I'm just wondering...what was happening before all this for Zog to make the distinction that Krang could potentially prove himself a better leader than Quanin? What was Krang specifically doing that made Zog think "Hey, I think he has a chance to redeem himself and his people".
Krang, who proved his aggression by killing a big, muscular humanoid. With. A. Stick. With absolutely no combat training as far as we're aware.

Anyone should be just as wary of Krang as they are of Quanin, if not more wary, but we've seen evidence of LOTS of people hoping Krang would be better. Lorqa and Ma'riell being two of them. MAYBE Honeycutt at some point before the Technodrome project.

So I'm wondering what Krang was doing that made people have hope for him. Because as far as I can tell from the narrative of his mini and Utrom Empire, he didn't really have much of a chance to be better except for being willing to die for his Empire in just one issue - a trait that's never seen again afterwards. And of course Zog was right that he should have pulled back and settled things calmly or he'd find new enemies. Because that's exactly what happened. It's why he ended up imprisoned by the Neutrinos. It's why he was denied the chance to be with his people when they were revived - something he'd probably been dreaming of for decades and lost because he got too greedy and violent. He didn't change and thus doomed himself to misery.