Thread: Writer's Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 11:12 AM   #115
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post
Aww! Haha! I have a few friends who are major fans too. I do have the second book in my collection somewhere. I can dig it up once I'm finished with the books that I'm reading now and see how it goes. I have nothing bad to say about the first book. I rather enjoyed it. I think I just get easily distracted since I work at a library, and I love books so much I just wish I could read them all.
If you live in my state, I will drive hours across the rugged Texan desert and BUY you the books, just so you have to read them.

Seriously. I am unaware of any other book series that grows up with the target audience. Books 1 thru 3 are light and friendly, kinda like Roald Dahl's works, and then there's a HUGE tonal shift in the end of Book 4. Books 5, 6, and 7 are all more adult, focusing on a coming conflict.

I can't say anymore for fear of spoilers. But seriously, I'm a grown-ass man who, if you told me to pick the better fantasy book series, I'd take Harry Potter over practically anything. Sorry, George Double-R Martin.

I'm totally embarrassed I left the Harry Potter series off my first post. I'm gonna go get a magic pen and write "I will never forget to recommend Harry Potter" on a chalkboard until the words are permanently carved into the back of my hand. Spoilers.