View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #98
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Another edition of updates everybody. This past weekend I went to the DLUX Expo in Michigan.
Spoiler:

From a fan standpoint it was rather amazing but from a financial/ promoter standpoint it had to be a huge disappointment. It wasn't busy at all, not lots of vendors, some no shows for celebs. Again from the fan standpoint I got to meet AND spend time with every celeb there which usually isn't the case. We talked a lot about everything which was refreshing. There was never that rush to be anywhere because the celebs were casually walking amongst the crowds. Here are my weekend scores as well as an extra that was at my doorstep when I got home.

Incomplete Foot Cruiser - $10 bucks. I'll be flipping this and finally making a car for my neutrinos. Whenever I find them on eBay for cheap they are always missing the windshield and never this cheap.
Spoiler:

Meeting Greg Berg (Alt. Donnie & Bebop voices) & Claudia Wells (BTTF Jennifer Parker)
Greg was cool but this was only his second event where he was there for the turtles and he seemed out of his element. Claudia was out of place since this was a TMNT, Comic, Wrestling, & Martial Arts show. I have no idea where she fit in but whatever - I met her.
Spoiler:

Meeting Goldberg & Jake the Snake - I'm not a wrestling fan anymore BUT I still love me some 80's, 90's stars. Goldberg was VERY cool and willing to get up and pose as you can see. Jake was funny but definitely didnt want much to do with you unless you opened your wallet. Still glad I was able to meet him.
Spoiler:

Kevin Nash aka Super Shredder - I've heard over the years he's not a nice guy but he was a thrill to meet. He might have been more nice to me because I brought some fun stuff to the table. He loved that I brought a pic of Super Shredder and it seems I was the only one all weekend who thought to because as I was walking around the event lots of people asked me where I got that picture and I told them I brought it. Secondly, the "trio" picture I have from Nash I made by compiling images. He LOVED it and stopped to stare at it also asking where I got it. He gave me a business card and told me he would love to start using it as a promo sheet so I should email him.
Spoiler:

Meeting Rich from Partners in Kryme - He was very cools and willing to hang out. I had him sign the Turtle Power LP that I just got along with Eastman. I have some videos of him performing "Turtle Power" and a new song "Rock the Half-Shell" if anyone is interested. I'll be honest though they aren't amazing performances - more comedic.
Spoiler:

Meeting Ernie Reyes JR (Keno) - VERY cool. He was a pleasure to hang out with and loved to talk to his fans. I was a little disappointed in the event because of the confusion the celebrities had. Ernie would sign anything you wanted for free but I HAD to pay for an autograph according to the show workers at the front of the event. I bought a pass to have Ernie autograph something and when I went to give him the pass he said "dont worry about it, I'll sign whatever you have."
Spoiler:

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote