View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #952
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I would just like to point out, because it's not obvious from the cropped image, that he is saying this to WONDER WOMAN.

Damian ain't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Damian has been aged from 10 to 13 I see.
Has been since the DC Universe Rebirth special. It makes sense. He was ten when he was introduced in 2006. Ten years worth of comics later, it's not out of line to age him up a couple years. I kind of figured they were pinning him around that age when he had that guest appearance in Gotham Academy where he was hanging with Maps.

Quote:
Nah. Nothing beats the classic!
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100416000051
I like me some OG Robin, but he's a bit lower on the pantheon for me, because all of the memorable, lovable moments with him as Robin come outside the comics, for me. In the comics universe, he didn't really stand out in the role until he was transitioning out of it, mainly because most of his history was as an audience surrogate in the Silver and Golden Ages where he didn't have a ton of character.

Of course, he's still the original Robin, so he's almost naturally going to be high up on a given list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Not my favorite, but I gotta lotta love in my heart for ALL the Robins!!!
I've really enjoyed how they've all had unique outlooks and characteristics to them, which makes all of them stand out and work even as they transitioned out of the Robin role.

Dick is the natural, dependable older brother who everyone looks toward and is a born leader. Sociable and well liked by his peers, he has great connections all across the universe.

Jason is the rebel or black sheep. He's had the hardest time adjusting to Dads way of doing things and kind of sits on the fringes. But it's clear he cares and when he's needed, he always shows up.

Damian may be the richest character of them all, the son of the worlds greatest detective and human vigilante with the daughter of the head of a shadowy assassin league. He's been raised with the skills of a ninja, told since birth he's destined for great things, and now that he's on the side of the angels he has to struggle with everything he'd been taught since birth and with his own high and mighty attitude to be a real hero just like the father he hates to admit he admires so damn much. He may be the most interesting of the four on a base level.

Tim has had the hardest time fitting outside the Robin role, I think, which has sort of led me to believe he might be the weakest overall character of the four. They've tried to make him the tech guy and they went with outsider for a bit with the Red Robin stuff. When he started he was just a nice kid who was a Batman fan, who thought Batman needed a Robin, and that was pretty much it. Then there was that long era in the aughts where he became mini-Batman in brighter colors, which turned me on him for that period of time. I guess his claim to fame is that he's the one who eventually wants to retire from crime fighting (though fans will neeeeever allow that to actually happen). Still, he was Robin while I was growing up, so I still have a soft spot.

Plus, come on, it's money when all four are together. One of my favorite covers ever is the one from Robin War, where the four of them are posed, looking up and to the side. It's so fricking cool I had to track down an avatar version of it I'll use at some point. Bat-Sons unite!

Quote:
Except Carrie Kelly. Lose the glasses, you Frank Miller-created poser.
Those glasses are pretty dorky.

That said, I don't mind Carrie. She plays a good narrative role in DKR. Honestly, of the later Frank Miller work, she's a character I don't have a lot of problems with, aside from the fact that she just becomes Catgirl for some friggin reason in DKSA. She's definitely the forgotten Robin, though, being she's out of continuity, isn't in many stories in that universe and unlikely to truly make a transition to the mainline universe (Peter Tomasi tried introducing her in Batman & Robin, but for some reason, I don't remember why, it was scrapped before it went anywhere, maybe because she's never be Robin anyway and there was no point).