View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #53
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Just saw it. Definitely an entry on the "best sequels of all time" lists in the future. I did miss Vangelis a bit, but the soundtrack was perfect for this film, so it was fine. Plus, when a Vangelis piece did show up, it was done powerfully. Like that last scene, which legitimately had me choked up a bit.

"All the best memories are hers."

I put it off for a bit until the reviews came in, but once they were glowing, I made a point to. I think we're going to end up being the minority until it hits DVD or Blu-Ray, though. The film's ended up with a bleh opening and probably won't do much more than make its money back.

It kind of irritated me at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I understood. The promotional campaign for this film was kind of garbage. It relied entirely on nostalgia, assuming everyone had seen the first film and went "look, it's Deckard". The trailers told us nothing about the film ahead of time, to the point I didn't even know what the movie was supposed to be about going in, aside from "more Blade Runner". I can imagine that enticing the more casual theatergoers among us.
I'm glad that the marketing for this movie didn't spoil it, there are things that happened in the movie that would be difficult not to spoil.