View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 10:42 PM   #40
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The free update is live is anyone replaying AC?

As I've mentioned before my save file got corrupted for no reasona nd haven't felt like playing since. I thought the new update would get me to play it but while I think it's awesome it feels like AC "We need to sell the overstock of amiibo" New Leaf. And this is the type of amiibo functionality that I dislike since I don't want to own a bunch of AC amiibo just to have new content. And also since I don't have a new N3DS and I don't plan on buying the base since it's likely near the same price to just sell my 3DS and buy a N3DS for the price of the adapter then I can't even access the few amiibo I do own on the game.

I felt New Leaf made some things too easy/gave too much power to the player, part of what makes AC so great is you never knew or controlled the aspects of your village because life is not something you control. So while having a village full of cats or your favorite villagers is awesome I feel it's cheating. And while it's neat to have Epona, Ganon and Wolf Link in the game it also doesn't seem to fit with the franchise in general. We didn't need that fan service here. I know I'm being grouchy but I feel this update also means no new AC for a while besides the mobile game and I hope the mobile game is good but also something different from a mainline AC game.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote