View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 02:52 PM   #96
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Nickelodeon...Rugrats...Nooooo! Don't give them ideas!
I wouldn't be against a show about baby turtles if it focused on Splinter trying to raise them. There have actually been a few great fanfics about that but I don't think it would be interesting to kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I don't look at it that way. Yeah she's an outcast as are the Turtles but that's what brings them together. TMNT has always stood up for outcasts and said you don't need to be alone because there's a place for you in society somewhere. So what if she doesn't hang out with other human beings? Her life is more fulfilled helping the Turtles. Of course April as she grows older needs a more financially stable life but in her 20s or as a teenager being around mutant turtles she at least found her place in the world. And no I don't mean a sewer...
Even later on when she's an adult she's married to Casey and they have an adopted daughter, but they still see the turtles and Splinter regularly. Shadow, their daugher, even called the turtles her uncles and Splinter her grandpa, it's really endearing.

Whenever anyone brings up this kind of discussion I always want to refer to the 80's Beauty and the Beast series because it basically has the same plot (woman is rescued by a mutant who lives under NYC in the 80's) only April is way better than Catherine (I'm still a bit annoyed with her after last episode, unvaccinated swine).
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote