View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #35
Wes
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aden View Post
nice work so far.
i would paint him pink/scarlet ala mirage, esp if you plan on using 88 shredder's cape.
however, if you painted him purple and used 88 splinter's robe, that might be interestinga s well.
Well, I definitely don't want to do him red/scarlet -- the NECA Shredder's got that scheme covered, and I want this one to look a fair bit different even beyond the armor and base body. The pink I chose/mixed would likely be the fuchsia of the Tournament Fighters Cyber Shredder, for nostalgic reasons.

In any case, I plan to make the cape myself, so color's not too much of a problem -- I do have purple cloth left over from when I made a cape for my Grodd custom, but I could always buy more of another color. Cloth is pretty cheap and I don't fancy having naked Splinters scurrying around here.

Given the worn look of the armor, I bought some burlap that I may use for the task since it'll fray and generally look pretty worn as well. It'll need to be painted, which means I'm not at all bound to the colors of materials on hand! And if I don't like the cape for Shredder, it could always go to Skeletor or Goro or one of the many other figures I have around here that would benefit from tattered capes.

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote