View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 10:28 AM   #16
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I figured that's all it was, thanks.

I loved it, especially the new polished look the 2D sequences have. Interesting that only TC was there. Maybe all the other mutants died and Kavaxas brings them back first? I hope Shredder is just a mindless zombie when he comes back, his arc as an actual character is over.

Also hope Karai kills him this time.
In the series preview you can see Rahzar standing by the remains of Shredder, plus Baxter, Beebop & Rocksteady all survived the finale. I think the only henchman that could truly have died was Xever. There's no way anyone got to him before he ran out of air.

This episode was a bit hit and miss for me. It's not like I went in with a clear vision of what I expected, I was open to anything but it just... I can't explain. Maybe it'll get better after I watch it a few more times.

I like Kavaxas (Mark Hamill - divine).
I love the new intro.
I love all the little nods to things like furbies, VHS tapes, how Space Heroes: The Next Generation used the same font as Star Trek: The Next Generation.
I like how April's powers weren't enough when they're usually treated like a miracle in a bag that suddenly save the day when all hope is last.

But I find it weird that we can see a dislocated shoulder being popped back in but the creatures tried to sacrifice someone using a pipette. A PIPETTE. Bent shoulder = ok, dagger = not ok? Some Nickelodeon logic right there.

When April tried to protect the others with a psychic shield (I dunno what to call it) and they all ran for safety and let Kavaxas go at her when she clearly had no chance. They took forever to intervene as well. April could've ended up as a Kavaxas kebab.

Also, team turtle can't defeat the evil minions, let alone Kavaxas. How are they going to show the power balance evening out realistically in however many episodes?