View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #6
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Wow, really cool unexpected news. I wonder if they have the same rights to characters as the film studio or if it would be different since this is a TV show.

I liked the movie but I'm much more so a fan of the most recent run of Deadpool comics. Well actually the second-most recent, since they did somewhat of a soft reboot. I would love to see S.H.I.E.LD. Agents Adsit and Preston, Michael the necromancer, and eventually Deadpool's daughter Ellie and wife Shiklah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Atlanta is great. I will give anything Donald Glover does a chance. Between this new Deadpool series and the Han Solo movie I wonder how long it'll push S2 of Atlanta back.

With FX/FXX wanting to add more adult animation to their lineup the time is right for them to nab the rights to make an animated series based on Saga.
Yeah, the one downside to this is an even more delayed second season of Atlanta but I guess all the success and exposure has been great for Glover.

A Saga animated series?? I like the way you think. That would be so cool but it would have to be true to the comics to succeed I feel and some of the raunchier parts may be tricky to do as a TV show, even one aimed at adults. I'd rather see HBO do an animated Saga than any network channel, they'd have the creative freedom they need to pull it off
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote