View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I enjoyed it and prefer it to the comic it came from. That is what matters.
OK.

Quote:
I prefer the 2003 cartoon takes on the Mirage stories opposed to the comics, because I am an other media centric fan.
I'm not sure what this means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think the difference is 2k3 started off with Mirage as a framework but quickly became its own thing. It was never intended to be a Mirage show, just loosely based on its concepts.
True. But there are so many people around here that are like, "Mirage... 2k3... SAME THING! LOLZ!"

Dumb. Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Andrew I think you have too much Nostalgia for the Mirage comics.
I read Return to New York and seen the 2k3 episode I actually prefer the 2k3 adaptation over the original Mirage version.
Well there's no accounting for taste, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Your tears and salt are delicious!
Quote:
My point is I think you gripe too much about the 2k3 series as a whole. It is a kids show, there is no way they could do a faithful adaptation of the source material given it was aimed at a young audience and the network
No sh*t. I'm not "griping" about 2k3 any more than I "gripe" about any of the other cartoons... they're not intended for you or I, they're intended for this guy:

Which says more about you than it says anything about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If the episodes of City at War had a different name, nobody would have mind. It was never going to adapt the themes and adult storylines of the comic version. They should have done something similar to IDW and called it "Cityfall" to distinguish it and leave expectations aside.
Probably right.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote