View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It's actually kind of hard to come up with an AU concept for TMNT. It's just kind of too crazy of a franchise to begin with, you can basically shove anything into it without needing too much of an explaination.
I came up with this in 2014-

"Basically, the idea here is that their story would take place in 16th century feudal Japan. Their sensei, is Hamato Yoshi, a wise old monk, who raised them at his monastery, in secret. They're not mutants, but rather guardians of the earth, sent by the gods. (I suppose he'd find them down by the river, in weird glass egg-like orbs, as infants.) Yoshi keeps them hidden, for fear of their safety, but trains them physically, & shapes their minds in the higher arts. Splinter is a mere pet rat, one who Donatello keeps with him at almost all times. Donnie would be the outcast of the group, keeping to himself, often silent. Leo is his traditional Bushido self, but also a spiritual guide/healer. Raph's the muscle. Still very much the enforcer of the group (in battle, at least), but despite his harsh appearance, he's more of a gentle giant. Mikey is a sort of Sumo/Chef/Calligraphist. More defensive than offensive. Rather than pizza, they go nuts over riceballs. I'd like to flesh this out more & make a comic of it someday, but who knows. It'd be sorta like Souls Winter meets Usagi Yojimbo."

http://fav.me/d7nmogq

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote