View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 01:51 AM   #43
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I don't expect a $20-22 figure to be marked down under $14 before they even hit shelves

That really doesn't ever happen

I think some retailers are just getting tired of Hasbro's case assortments, they ALWAYS get stuck with a bunch of figures that won't sell in every wave, it's a big problem for some stores.

I think anyone who's walked into a Target and seen nothing but Greedo and Slave Leia on the shelf when they were hoping to find a Boba Fett can understand. Or, to cite a ML example: Nothing but Superior Spider-Man with maybe a couple ASM2 Spideys and Electros and nothing else.

This is part of the reason why we see such big price increases on hasbro figures the least few years. They have to mark them up because they know there's going to be some figures in the wave that they are forced to mark down in order to sell them.

So instead of making every figure say 17 or 19 dollars they mark them all up and wait to see which ones don't sell and mark those down.

Really sucks for collectors. You can try to anticipate which ones will get marked down and hold off on buying those while hope to get those cheaper I guess, that's about all you can do

Last edited by Zulithe; 04-28-2014 at 01:57 AM.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote