View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 11:57 PM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Movie moment?
Well, since I've only seen the modern two...Shredder standing around and going with the flow when first confronting Krang instead of reacting accordingly and throwing a right hook that would come away mucus-y. I hate it for that, but I also love it. Had this scene been written by competent writers, it would have been funny in an entirely different way than it was.

And, a moment that actually was funny, the turtles messing with Casey when he first sees Splinter. That scene deserves a place in a better movie.

But since people are going with comic scenes...Professor Obligado's second death while his memories are being preserved. With the story being shown from Obligado's visual perspective, the framing with even panels until he actually starts to pass on, cutting away from his perspective so his reactions to remembering seeing his parents for the first time can be seen (while dropping a tiny hint on how newborn Utroms are fed). Not to mention it's the first time his name is dropped, after two issues of it not being known. And his trust of a complete stranger to comfort him in his last moments.
I like that the Obligado stories got introspective, but this one was special. It was observant of a death without being e d g y, and that's probably the thing I like most of all.