View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:06 AM   #19
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Can you or anybody provide these sources? Because anytime I or someone else has asked for one, that I've seen, they're like "well uh I can't tell you."

All I ask for in situations like this is a shred of evidence and all I've seen is "pls believe me my friend at uh... a place said so."

I ain't callin' you out. It's just how I and most people should normally operate.

Closest I have seen is I think Laird once said "I suspect..." and then some stuff.

E'rrybody got their secret sources around here and look at how much of that seems to pan out to be legit.

The case would still stand though that one person on the production team knew who Fujiko was and that's all it would take to slip in a reference. Same with a Devilman reference in demon April... wouldn't even have to be a character designer, just a decision-maker.
Alright, the part where he only talked about the Utroms in relation to Krang after going on about a long process that didn't involve them comes from the interview with Michelle Ivey. Then you can look up virtually any other interview in which he'll make claims like "I created the Turtles' different personalities", that particular example can be proven wrong by simply reading the original micros and a few other comics released before the show was being developed. Then there's the matter of adlibbed dialouge, the voice actors have unanimously admitted to ignoring the scripted dialogue, once again there's an interview Ivey had with Renae Jacobs as an example. There's at least one interview in which Wise claims to have come up with the phrase cowabunga, even though the voice actors claim it was another example of adlibbing, suggesting that the scripts were mostly used as a guideline from the start. Peter Laird has also admitted there a couple details vetoed after he and Kevin read the scripts, a notable example included the Turtles hijacking the Technodrome and turning it inte their own base (this is someI've never seen Wise admit to by the way, he always seems to act as if everything was his idea, or at least the parts people haven't mocked to death). There's actually a thread here on the Technodrome forums about an old article giving more details on what was vetoed, the point is that David Wise didn't have the control he claims, that part is a fact. Then David Wise has also claimed to have created Bebop and Rocksteady on request to put any new mutants in the show, even though toy designs of them have been found. Even Fred Wolf himself admitted the characters came from Playmates, not Wise.

I don't quite have the time to find all these sources right now, but the Ivey interviews are on her Youtube:

And Peter Laird's statement is right here:
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot..../ask-pl-6.html
"I don't have many clear memories about getting those first batch of scripts, but I think we may not have seen any of them until our first visit to the offices of Murakami/Wolf in California. One thing I DO remember quite clearly is shooting down what Kevin and I both considered to be a ridiculous idea that Wolf (or someone writing for him) put forward -- that at the end of the first few episodes, the Turtles would take over the Technodrome and turn it into their lair."
Then there's the early Bebop and Rocksteady designs that are pretty easy to find:

Then I suppose you could just google "David Wise Interview TMNT", gives you outrageous statements like these:

"The [original 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'] five part miniseries ends with the Turtles having to battle an alien armada that is coming through a gigantic black hole dimensional portal being projected in the sky directly above New York City. This dimensional portal projector has created a giant opening in the sky, with a whole alien armada coming through it. That's what the turtles are facing. The way to stop it is to shut down the machine that's generating the portal. All I have to say is: you're welcome Joss Whedon!"

http://screencrush.com/teenage-mutan...imated-series/

So basically, he's not very trustworthy. Like, at all.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote